A high calibre line-up of speakers includes Robert Beckford, Kate Coleman, Les Isaac, Bev Thomas, Stuart Murray-Williams, Ronald Nathan and Ben Lindsay.
Running for 8 weeks in 2 blocks of 4 (April 29, May , 13, 20; June 3. 10. 17. 24), it is hoped that participants will:
- Gain a greater appreciation of the roles played by Black people in the Bible, early church history and church and society today.
- Learn more about the dual legacy of Christendom and colonialism and what needs to change in our thinking, practices and structures.
- Wrestle with challenging issues, including white privilege and white supremacy, institutional racism and mono-ethnic churches.
- Explore possibilities for increasing Black/White partnership in various dimensions of mission and church.
- Share our own experiences in church and society and develop fresh perspectives and strategies.